Sure, you know that chocolate is dangerous for pets, right? In fact, so many people are aware of this common toxicity that vet hospitals across the country regularly receive phone calls from concerned owners of 65# labradors wondering if the single chocolate-chip cookie (or a few M&Ms) their dog just ate is going to kill them. [It likely isn’t] And its also not uncommon come December for pet ERs to start receiving calls from pet owners worried because their cat was seen nibbling on the leaf of a poinsettia plant. [It’s likely to be ok, aside maybe from a little digestive upset] These are some of the more well-known about pet toxicities, and though one can be very serious indeed (the chocolate), there are several others out there that are less well-known, but no less dangerous. It’s likely that many pet owners, yourself included, have at least one of the five things discussed below in their house right now.